Here are a few TIPS & TRICKS when using ‘tasklearn’
- We understand that you want to improve performance, customer service and skills, but your employees may not be aware of your reasons or how it will help them to do their job
- Remember adult learners must understand why they are learning otherwise they will not invest their efforts and attention
- Explain to your employees why you are implementing an ongoing training and refresh program
- Also, that you are investing in an accessible, easy to understand e-learning tool to keep the business competitive in our rough economic climate
- Assure them that the skills they learn will assist them to do their job, deliver better service and improve their performance
- There are a number of job titles on ‘tasklearn’ e.g. Forecourt Attendant. Each employee can complete the modules for their job
- Each employee has their own unique login so you can track their progress individually
- You can decide which modules each employee must complete based on the job you expect them to do
- Another great feature is that you can let ANY employee complete ANY other module
- That means a Cashier can complete the Merchandiser modules and a Cleaner can complete the Forecourt Attendant modules
- This helps you to multi-skill your employees and helps them to understand how their actions influence other employees in their jobs
- ‘tasklearn’ is a mobile, e-learning tool that has been created by Dealers specifically for the fuel industry only
- ‘tasklearn’ can become part of your ongoing skills development plan
- It can be an essential tool to help you manage individual employee performance
- It can be part of your employee induction process
- Because it is task-based it helps employees to understand that each detail in their job is important
- Because ‘tasklearn’ is accessible from any connected device, in any department, at any time, you can train when it is convenient for you!
- Many Dealers let their employees complete modules during night shift
- Some do this during day shift if there is a gap
- We keep the modules short and practical so that employees can easily complete a module and never have to stop in the middle or postpone the training because it takes too long
- You are able to control the training plan and set it up for your benefit
- All the training is mobile. That means you can use as many devices as you wish and set them up wherever you want
- You can train in the attendants kiosk, or the office, or the cashier area depending on what works best for you
- Some Dealers use more than one device
- Some fix the device permanently against a wall
- Some issue the device to a specific employee for a specific time and at the end the employee must hand it back
- You can complete training by accessing the website through Google Chrome (preferred browser)
- You can also complete training by installing the app on your Android or iOs tablet or smartphone (however, we don’t recommend the use of smartphones on site as this contravenes the safety rules on the forecourt)
- The app is called TalentLMS and you can download it from your app store
- There are many device options and plans through the major cellular providers as well as in other stores and the cost of devices and data decrease year on year
- Training can be completed in several ways, some work better than others. Here are a few and the advantages/disadvantages of each:
- OPTION 1: Allow employees to only complete the modules for their job title. This is not advisable as they can develop new skills and gain a better understanding of other jobs on site.
- OPTION 2: Allow employees to complete modules as they wish based on their preference. This is not advisable as it excludes you from the process and reduces your control.
- OPTION 3: Setup a training schedule so you can monitor each employee’s progress. This ensures that employees don’t ‘overtrain’ or ‘undertrain’ by doing too many or too few modules.
- OPTION 4: Select a Training Champion who will manage each employee’s training and also complete ‘task observations’ to ensure that the skills are transferred on-the-job. You can reduce or increase the training to suit your specific needs, available time and to help employees understand that you’re serious about training.
- Keep in mind that there is no rush. Your focus can be on improving skills on the job as there is no time limit for when employees need to complete all modules
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ruan Schoeman (our Managing Director) directly at email@example.com or call/WhatsApp him on +27 82 782 5087